Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Lovely Ingredients: Lavender & Geranium Essential Oils

Typically when I share my favorite skincare ingredients, they double as healthy and delicious treats for your diet. This is not the case today. There is some controversy over whether or not you should ingest essential oils. Personally, I do not. Everything I've read and everyone I've spoken to with serious knowledge of essential oils, says not to. Always do your own research. (If you disagree and want to chat, you know where to find me.) OK, that said, let's move on to the wonders of these fantastic oils. 

Studies on geranium essential oil indicate that its antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties make it beneficial for reducing acne breakouts, skin irritation, and skin infections when applied topically. It is also reputed to eliminate dead skin cells, tighten the skin, and promote regeneration of new skin. The bold, floral, green aroma makes me feel like I'm in a field of daisies under a bright blue, sunny sky. So lovely. 

Lavender essential oil gently moisturizes the skin and is also antibacterial. It's perfect for preventing, calming and healing acne breakouts. Its scent is a fresh, herbaceous floral. You'll find lavender in many products due to its cleansing, comforting, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic characteristics. Did you know there are a few different types of lavender? Organic Bulgarian lavender is what you'll find in most of the local, handmade products I use professionally for my Matcha Blast 60-minute facial. Without going into geeky specifics, Bulgaria produces more quality lavender than anywhere in the world. Its components multiply its therapeutic properties and leave you with a fabulous product that does exactly what you're expecting it to do - leave you feeling calm/relaxed and your skin soft and balanced. Another popular lavender, Lavender 40/42, is a blend of 100% natural lavender intended to create a standardized lavender aroma. This is one of my favorites to add to my diffuser at home. 

It feels like we're finally moving in a healthy and safe direction away from many of the hardships and difficulties of 2020. I hope you and yours are well. I truly miss your face and hope to see you soon. Take care of you, yeah?

For more information on my facials and the lovely products I use, please check out my website at lovely.skincaretherapy.net. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Face Your Food (Friday) - Coconut

Face Your Food (Friday) - Coconut Coconut is a natural powerhouse! Coconut water is fantastic for electrolyte, or mineral, balance (far bett...